Spark plug is a crucial auto part with the function of ignition. After the spark plug is ignited, a spark is generated, and then the gasoline in the engine cylinder is ignited, and finally the engine is driven to provide power to the car. The quality of the spark plug actually determines the working effect of a car, and a good spark plug will make the car more powerful. Bad spark plugs not only limit the best performance of a car , but they can also damage the car.
If a spark plug is used for a long time, carbon deposition will occur. If it is not replaced regularly, it will make the engine difficult to start and the combustion will be insufficient.
The voltage that the ignition coil can provide is limited. Even a normally used spark plug will have an ever-increasing voltage requirement as the spark plug electrode wears out. Therefore, in the cases of rapid acceleration, high speed or heavy load, misfire will occur, resulting in vehicle vibration, acceleration difficulties and fuel waste. Therefore, the vehicle needs to replace the spark plug regularly to keep the engine running well, which can also save more fuel.
Generally, the service life of ordinary copper core spark plugs is 30,000 kilometers, while the service life of precious metal spark plugs (platinum, iridium) is 60,000~90,000 kilometers. The maintenance cycles specified by different car manufacturers are not exactly the same. Please follow the requirements of the car manufacturer
In specific, when checking the status of the spark plug:
1. In the appearance of the spark plug, if it is found to be damaged or obviously defective, it should be replaced with a new spark plug
2. If there is carbon deposits or black oil stains on the spark plugs, they should be cleaned and replaced with a new spark plug if necessary.
3. If abnormal appearance such as blackening and glaze formation are found on the spark plug, it should be cleaned and replaced with a new spark plug if necessary.
1. First of all, prepare the tools for disassembling the spark plug, including a special wrench for spark plug, a set of socket wrench, an extension bar, and 16mm sockets.
2. Before replacing the spark plug, the engine must be kept cool with the dust and oil around the spark plug cleaned to prevent pollution of the combustion chamber when the spark plug is removed
3. Unplug the wiring harness connector of the spark plug, then use a socket to unscrew the fixing screw of the ignition coil, and unplug the ignition coil
4. Loosen the spark plug with a special spark plug socket wrench. Be careful when unscrewing the spark plug to prevent other things from entering the combustion chamber
5. Screw on the new spark plug according to the steps, the spark plug must be tightened well, and then plug in the ignition harness